Who knew? I'm Employable!


I got burned at my last job. I hadn't been doing my last job but for a couple of years, being in the beginning of my career, and was told I sucked at what I did and was being let go because they didn't have time to train me to get better.

Disappointing!

It cut me deep. Hugely shell-shocked, I was hesitant to return to a similar position at a different company. Will they hate me again? If I instinctively suck, then why would this time be different?  I mean sure, the people are nicer and the facilities are awesome, but doesn't it all come down to skills? whether or not I can actually do the job successfully?

Aware of all this, I have bombarded my boss with unsolicited, home-made projects and reports, hoping that my enthusiasm and dedication might override my inability to be good at the job, or at least, hide it in the shade for a little while.

Shade of the Distraction Tree.

"Where is she?" they ask.  
"I don't know, but have you seen this amazing tree?"


So anyway, I'm working again and hoping prove myself in some way without getting burned again. We'll see!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things We Fear Before Having a Baby

Finding a Marriage Partner that Fills in Your Gaps

Blue Milk Glass Hen on Nest