My Teapot by Home Essentials



I looked long and hard for my teapot. I wanted it to be large enough to be able to serve tea to a small group of people, but beautiful enough to be a decorative ornament, as well. 



But looking for a tea pot is a soul-searching experience. Who am I? Do I want a tea pot that’s Asian because I went to China? Well, no, because I didn’t like it there. Do I want a teapot from Ten Thousand Villages that says “exotic Africa?”  They look cool, but it’s not ME...and on and on this inner struggle continued. 



I even considered throwing out the idea of ceramics all together and just go with a traditional British metal tray, teapot and cream and sugar dishes. But I’ve got teacups (post on those coming) and I wanted ceramics again.




You’ll never guess where I found it. TJ Maxx by Home Essentials. It was waiting for me in the section with teas and coffee. You see the strawberry on top with jagged leave partruding?  One of those leave was slightly chipped so I got it on further discount. Does this cheapen my find that I got it from TJ Maxx?  When I saw it, I loved it and knew that was the one I wanted. So no, it doesn’t. 




I was hesitant to do white-on-white decor, but Carolyne Rhoem’s book A Passion for Blue and White as well as Decorating with Blue and White by Gail Abbott have really helped me see the benefits of a lot of white. Not only will this teapot go with everything (in every season), I love it’s detail, it’s English elegance and, frankly, it’s fatness around the waist. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things We Fear Before Having a Baby

Finding a Marriage Partner that Fills in Your Gaps

Blue Milk Glass Hen on Nest