AMF: Bratz Dolls




sweetjanespopboutique.blogspot.co


It’s true. Here’s the FAIL that started it all, a Bratz doll. When I first saw these ladies, I was horrified. Now, I highlight my hair on occasion, and her wedges do look startlingly familiar. But the half shoulder dress with a “Twiggy-esque” hemline and extra seductive eyes and makeup?  I’m not sure of the intended age-group for this product (trust me, I searched the product website), but my guess is that these are for age 6-10. The website, bratz.com, introduces you to the whole gang: Yasmine, Chloe, Jade, and Sasha--not your typical Tiffany, Jennifer, and Ashley. I’m not going to give a history of doll names over time (Barbie definitly didn’t make it through the 1980s), but I’m pretty sure these names were not chosen for their modern popularity. 





tattoopins.com
equinceanera.com



Accessories you can add are wigs with a different style and hair color and a feather boa. Bratz were the #1 selling doll in Great Britain for a few years. Does America really need to follow suit? 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things We Fear Before Having a Baby

Finding a Marriage Partner that Fills in Your Gaps

Blue Milk Glass Hen on Nest